August 25, 2010
We've made the new bed!
So the Bean has been trying to climb out of his crib for about a month now. As you remember in the last post, he somewhat successfully made it out of his playpen already. So we decided to take a trip to good old Ikea and purchase a "big boy" bed. A friend had suggested setting up the bed in his room and keeping him in his crib for a couple of nights - just so he could get used to the new bed. Unfortunately his room isn't quite big enough, so we did the transition cold turkey. Last Tuesday was his first night in his new bed. I am relieved to report that he really likes his big boy bed! My biggest relief is that he hasn't fallen out yet. Most mornings he just wakes up and parks himself at the door and jibber jabbers to the cats under the door until I come and open the door. He hasn't learned to open the doors yet... or so I thought! Yesterday he gave me a scare. We are trying to stain our fence. So when mr. bean went down for his nap I ran outside to try and get one section of the fence done before he woke up. I'm out there for about an hour and I hear his little voice. I panicked at first thinking that I'd left his window open and he managed to climb up and look out the window. I looked up and was relieved that his window was closed but the room next door's window was open. I thought to myself: "Did he open his door and climb up to that window?" I can't see him in either window. I drop my paint brush and run for the door thinking he is getting ready to climb up to the open window on the 2nd floor of our 2 storey house. As I get to the door, who is greeting me? Yup, my little man with a big smile. I was relieved he was ok but a little annoyed that he scared me so bad. I guess he has learned another mad skill. I'm hoping he doesn't feel inspired to start opening the dead bolt locks on the front door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Every day is an adventure with kids! Thanks again for coming to visit tonight. Your support really means a lot to me. Hugs!
YIKES! They can scare us so fast and then they smile... and everything is good again :) The joys of parenthood!!!
Yay! Congrats to Em for the big transition! Don't be surprised if he decides to spend more time out of his new bed than in it LOL!
You should post some pics ;)
P.S. We put a door handle cover (kid lock) on the inside of Kira's room :)
Post a Comment