January 27, 2011

A Comeback

Hello everybody out there in cyberspace... As some of you have noticed (or not noticed) I have been gone for some time now. I regret to inform you that my absence has not been due to a long warm beach vacation, sudden influx of money allowing us to move to a bigger, better house or because I accomplished some huge life achievement. No, I'm afraid life has hit us with some pretty hard blows the last little while. My absence was more a result of conserving energy and strength to face the trials. I will not bore you with the depressing details... most of you who need to know already know. But be rest assured that Dean and I are still happily married and Emerson is still happy and healthy. Hmmm... typing that gives me perspective - is there much else that matters?

Here is a quick recap of the happy events of the past little while...

This fall we spent lots of time outside enjoying the nice warm weather here. This was a family date night back in October. We went to get some fall photos and then went for ice cream after - it was a very nice night for us:



We had a very nice Thanksgiving dinner out in Grandma's back yard. Tanner and Emerson enjoyed playing in the leaves:




This is Em's Halloween costume. We enjoyed a very loud but fun Halloween party at the church:


Finally and probably most exciting Emerson turned 2 years old! We had a gymnastics's party with some good friends and great family:




Thank you to all of you out there who love us and support us. We are so grateful to have awesome family and friends who care and show concern. We love you all!! I'll try to post again soon and I guess I should dust the camera off and take some more pictures... last ones we took were at Em's birthday party... yikes!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Fun pictures!

k said...

Hi Hi Hi dear Megan!!!! Seeing your photos makes me miss you guys!!! Well I missed you the first few weeks... and then life's busyness just kept flowing along...
I hear that you guys are doing great. I am so happy for you! You are one of my dearest friends Megan, mostly because you listened with your heart whenever I needed to babble! I will always appreciate the Spirit I felt with you in your home - I honestly felt that a bit of the temple was there because I always felt so enlightened and empowered after visiting. Thank you.
I miss you - but know that we will be forever friends. Love to you always ~Karen
PS:you may have heard..I'm not in the Nursery anymore... Yikes :}