August 17, 2009

*Scratch, scratch, scratch*

So this weekend the Bean turned 9 months old. What a big boy he is! This weekend I was also putting away some of his clothes. And it was while I was looking at all his tiny baby clothes that it happened! What's it, you ask? The itch. Yes its true I have the baby itch. I know what you're all thinking. "So soon!" or "But her baby is only 9 months old" or "She said she wouldn't have another baby for a long time, if ever". I have reminded myself of all these things. I even thought to myself: "Remember when he had colic and cried and cried and then screamed... for like 4 months". And I do remember that but I still feel the itch. I don't think I really want another baby (for real) right now. I think I am just feeling nostalgic for the sweet moments I had while preparing for Em's arrival and the joy of holding him for the first time. I think my favorite thing was being able to take naps with him. I can't do that now, he would just want to play instead of going to sleep. I miss that... falling asleep together after nursing him. Hearing his little cooing noise. Oh man sorry I'm getting a little too sappy.

Anyway I am posting some newborn pics of the Bean in hopes that maybe it will help cure my itch. Don't worry I think we're pretty safe. Dean fell out of bed when I told him that I wanted another baby (I told him when he was just about asleep one night).

Tell me your favorite memory of being a new mom. Post them on here or on your own blog.


This is the wonderful doctor and student who helped deliver Emerson.
I think I did most of the work though ;)



His first week at home.

With Papa on his blessing day.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Funny how everyone is different. I totally thought Kaelah would be much closer to 3 than 2 when she became a big sis... but that's not what happened!