September 29, 2009

Baby's Firsts

Emerson has been having a lot of firsts lately...


Emerson loves dirt! What kid doesn't, right? I have to watch him extra close when I'm in the garden. One day I was digging potatoes in the garden when I turned around for 30 seconds and Emerson started sucking on the end of the dirty shovel. I figure he must of thought it was a very big spoon for eating and thought he should give it a taste.


We went on a day trip to find some nice spots for photos and did a little hike near Bragg Creek. It was Em's first hike. He did pretty good. It was just a little hike and we stopped half way to give him a drink. But I think it will be the last time we use this snugglie. He is already 23 lbs and the snugglie is only rated for 26lbs. Dean carried him most of the way, thank goodness!

He can stand on his own for a couple of seconds and then eases himself down to sitting so he can crawl to where he wants to go. My mom got him a little walking toy that he pushes around the living room now. If I can figure out how to post a video on here I will post a video of it. Dean and I think he will maybe start walking soon. I can't believe how fast he is growing up!?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Maybe you should post a picture of his first hair cut. AH! I can't wait to see you guys soon.