One my goals, while on maternity leave, was to finish one novel/book. I am reading: "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson (I started the book when I was pregnant... ha!). It is a really good book though and I would recommend it to everyone. It is the true story of Greg Mortenson and how he built a school in a remote village called Korphe in the Karakoram mountains between Pakistan and Afghanistan. He is also a nurse, so I am being reminded of my dream to one day do humanitarian work as a nurse in another country. I'm not sure how that is ever going to happen. Maybe when Dean and I go on our mission. However Dean keeps reminding me: "What will I do while your nursing?... fix computers?"... You never know? Right?
Anyhow, its a really good book and this is proving to be a difficult goal to accomplish. I mean I did start the book over a year ago! I find when I get time to sit down and read it I am either distracted by the phone ringing or Emerson torturing the cat. Although what usually happens is I sit down to read and fall asleep cause I'm so tired.
Do you remember those days when you could curl up on the couch and start reading a book in the evening and then looked at the clock and realized you'd been reading for hours? Some of you might even be the type that could stay up all night finishing a good book. I could never make it past 1 am. I remember when I finished school and thought I'd never read another book (text book or not) again. I think it took me about a year before I could really enjoy reading again. All that forceful reading just seems to ruin the enjoyment of it. Well I'm not in school anymore and I do enjoy reading but I'm just not sure if I'm going to get this goal accomplished. Maybe I should start reading it aloud to Emerson?
1 comment:
I love books and I'm sorry that you have the problem that I think Amy has too of taking a long time to finish a book. But you are doing more important things like being a Mom and a homemaker so don't worry too much : )
Love ya!
Post a Comment