However last week I decided it would be a good idea for Em and I to get the H1N1 vaccine. This is because I am back to work at a clinic where I see a lot of patients infected with H1N1. It took a good amount of thought (and prayer) to decide to get the vaccine. We usually don't get the flu shot because I think it is unnecessary for healthy people and why expose yourself to more chemicals than you have to. Having done my research I realize the H1N1 is very unpredictable and can seriously harm even the most healthy person. Anyway, we got our shots and other than recovering from the 2.5 hour wait, we did fine. Then last Friday Emerson got very sick. It is most likely the flu... maybe the H1N1, maybe the seasonal flu. I'm not sure where he got it for sure but I'm guessing it was in the line waiting for his shot. There were a few dark days where he wouldn't eat or drink anything but we're on the mend.
So no Halloween-ing for Mr. Bean :( I put his little skeleton shirt on him and took some pictures just so that we could have them. We didn't even carve a pumpkin! Sad, eh? I guess the good thing is that Emerson will not even remember missing his first Halloween. Here are some pictures.
Dean's decorating is usually quite superb. This year he made:
"A Graveyard Collision: Zombies Arise"
"A Graveyard Collision: Zombies Arise"
This is my mom (heaven bless her) dressed up as Beth from the TV show
"Dog the Bounty Hunter".

Dean dressed up as Jeremy Clarkson from the British TV show "Top Gear".

My sister dressed up as SNL star Stuart Smally.

"Dog the Bounty Hunter".

Dean dressed up as Jeremy Clarkson from the British TV show "Top Gear".

My sister dressed up as SNL star Stuart Smally.

We also had Hannah Montana (my costume), Ninja #3 from a Chuck Norris movie, Hal and Joanne from Body Break (Canadian fitness Gurus), Deanna Troi from Star Trek, and Liz Lemon from 30 Rock. We didn't get as many pictures as we wanted because we had Emerson with us and left the party early to get him home to bed. Sorry!
Emerson's skeleton smile.



2 comments:
So sorry to hear Emmerson was sick! I had a hard time deciding on the H1N1 vaccinations as well but we're quite high risk as well so I had Caitlyn's 1st shot done this week. I miss being your Visiting Teacher!
I can't believe Mom...lol
Emerson is so stinkin' cute. He's gotton bigger since we were at the farm : ( 3 more days till we see you!!!!! Did you take pictures of everyone's house/art work or just Deans? He did a great job.
Post a Comment