November 12, 2009

Here comes Christmas

I think Christmas comes earlier in Canada. We are closer to the north pole! I have been feeling the Christmas spirit all week. I don't put my decorations up until December usually but I'm tempted to get out a Christmas CD.

I want to do a special act of service this year and make it a yearly family tradition. One year when we were kids we delivered little treats to a family that correlated to the 12 days of Christmas and it was so much fun! I also know of a family that participates in an event where you dress up like elves and hop on a city bus full of donated gifts and food to deliver it to people in need. I think that would be fun! Dean says its too "public" for him. He wants to do something more anonymous.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or can you share what you do?

1 comment:

Marni & James said...

I like the 12 Days of Christmas idea. We did it when I was younger too. It makes you feel so good.