December 27, 2009

Catch Up

I haven't given up on the blog... I'm just feeling like I don't have anything interesting to write. I think the only two people who check this blog are my sister (thank you Mandy) and my mother-in-law (thank you Gladys). But for the sake of those two dearly loved people (and who ever else might be reading) I will press forward and try to keep the blog alive :)

I started back to work last month. I am very blessed to only have to go back part-time. And even more blessed to find a job only 15 mins away from home working evenings and weekends. We prayed hard that I'd find a job that required minimal childcare. We had several wonderful offers from great people to watch Emerson. But in the end Dean is able to watch him for most of my shifts. My sister has looked after him on the odd Sunday I have to work, while Dean stays to do tithing at church. I am working at an after hours clinic that sees patients who need to be seen urgently but not necessarily in the ER. I am really enjoying it. I like the people I work with and its nice to get out of the house and be "Megan the nurse" for a few hours. We have adjusted OK. If Emerson and I haven't got a lot of cuddle time in on a day, then he usually cries when I put my coat on to go to work but it doesn't last long. He quickly realizes that Papa is there with him and he lets him get into trouble a bit more than mom does, as well as doesn't make him eat as many vegetables as mom does. I think the hardest part is that quality time together for Dean and I is significantly lower but to everything there is a time and a season, right? We will need to be sure to sneak in date nights every once and awhile and have to try to avoid unessecary obligations.

Well I will try to post some festive pictures in the next couple of days. That's all for now.

5 comments:

TheMousirFamily said...

hey Megan,
I love looking every once in awhile too, it nice to see what is going on in your life.....
Christine

Joly Ranchers said...

Keep writing you have one more follower - I have you on my rss feed!
Love Jayna

Marni & James said...

I read you too Megan! I like to keep updated on one of my old babysitters :)

Mandy said...

See Megan: You're good enough and smart enough and doggone it, people like you...lol. 3 comments!!!! And sad to say, I wasn't one of them. What a bad sister I am : (

I love and miss you so much!!!! Keep on writting. You reach more people than you know. Plus lots of people don't leave comments, even though they read your blog. So PLEASE PLEASE people who read Megan's blog...leave a comment so she doesn't shut it down ; )

Erica said...

I read too! And I only update my blog once or twice a month so never feel bad for not posting often. Who has the time to be witty more often than that right?
P.S. If you're still in nursery when Caitlyn comes in-thanks in advance and best of luck to all. LOL.