
It was Chinese New Year on Sunday. We decided to do Chinese hotpot for supper. We had it lots in Taiwan especially at New Years. It is so yummy, I can't believe I've waited so long to have it again here in Canada. I had to research out some of the ingredients as it has been several years. Luckily we have a Chinese food market close to home. I couldn't remember what kind of sauces we used in Taiwan. I found some XO satay sauce and then we used hoisin sauce and chili paste. Our hotpot was pretty tasty but I think we'll have to do it a few more times to perfect our "secret sauce". And next time we will definitely be inviting friends over to share. We had way too much food but it was fun! Dean really enjoyed it... Emerson not so much :)
2 comments:
Megan, This is really super of you and I love your blog. I would like to share it with Mariann if that is okay with you, we like to know what is going on with your little family and you are having so much fun right. Remember to take time to enjoy the little things, time passes much too quickly to just let go by. Your Hotpot looks delic. You will have to get me the recipe, but you know how Dean is about changing or just plain deleting some ingredients. (his uncle Phil is the same way) Follow a recipe EXACTLY. If I knew how to set one up I may actually try one myself, a blog that is.
Thanks mum! Dean has already demanded that we have hot pot the next time you're in town :)
Post a Comment