April 5, 2010

Easter Getaway!

We decided to enjoy the Rocky Mountains over the Easter weekend. It was nice to getaway and unplug from the city life for a few days. We spent a lot of the time at the playground with Emerson and ate way too much Easter chocolate. Emerson however is not very fond of candies and chocolate yet (unless it is chocolate milk). I even tried to give him a marshmallow bunny but it was a no-go. Strange, he doesn't know what he's missing! I think he's more of a cake and cookie kind of guy. Thankfully we didn't get him any Easter candy because between his Grandma Debi, Grandma Russell and Auntie Amy he got a ton! We forgot the camera when we did the official egg hunt with his cousin Tanner. So on Sunday morning we gave him his basket and had him pick up his trains and cars... so we could get some pictures :) He thought it was a blast and did a good job of cleaning them all up.

We also got to enjoy a bit of General Conference. It was such a nice way to celebrate Easter. I feel very blessed to know the gospel of Jesus Christ and to have access to the healing power of His atonement.









1 comment:

Mandy said...

WHAT!!! He must be Deans kid. Any kid of your's is going to devoure chocolate! Tanner sure had fun with him. Tanner had a dream about Emerson last night. I'll have to tell you about it. I'm glad you got to get away for a bit. We sure had fun with you all.